A Distance Learning City & Guilds 7689-04 2D Level 2 Award course tailored to suit learners seeking to gain experience in the use of AutoCAD. Aimed at those seeking to obtain an introductory City & Guilds CAD qualification. Using AutoCAD each candidate is supplied with the coursework materials and also registration with City & Guilds.
City & Guilds
Click here for fee information
On completing the course, the learner will attend Doncaster College ICT Academy’s Autodesk Authorised Training Centre for one full day when ready to take their final assessments.
Certificates are supplied when the candidate has successfully completed all the assessments. Candidates work at their own pace and are monitor by completing Progress Report forms.
Exams Days are available on a monthly basis.
Benefits to Employer
Employers gain by increased productivity and from knowledge gained by the employee. This enables the employee to work more efficiently with Autodesk and be a more effective and confident member of the design team and workforce.
Benefits to Learner
Highly suited for persons seeking to use AutoCAD professionally who would like to obtain a City & Guilds Award to assist in their career development. Making the employee more marketable and confident and giving the
attendee a recognised certificate.
On completion of the course, the candidate will be able to:
- Use associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- Use basic file management techniques and maintain health and safety requirements
- Use and identify key components of the software relating to the 2D drawing environment
- Use a range of viewing commands and setup the drawing space
- Use drawing commands to produce shapes
- Use the CAD software’s co-ordinate system to aid accurate drawing
- Use hatch, text and simple dimensioning routines
- Use basic editing commands and produce simple hard copies.
A practical assignment consisting of Task A and Task B, plus Task C: a Short-Answer Question Paper.
- Tasks A and B – of a practical nature.
- Task C – Short-Answer Question Paper – 9 questions over 20 minutes.